Re: [Xen-users] Intel's fault? HVM domUs freezes at boot time.

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Intel's fault? HVM domUs freezes at boot time.
From: Lech Karol Pawłaszek <ike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 10:00:10 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 00:59:09 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Stephan Seitz pisze:
[...]
Hi,
if you don't need a 64bit Xen (or even it's ability to run 64 and 32p guests
concurrently) i would prefer the 32bit-pae xen. I assume the 64bit version has
recently become more stable, but in the days of 3.0.3 and early 3.1 64bit it was
somewhat painful to use ;)
I don't know your future plans at that machine, but you've currently 4G mem
installed. With 32bit-pae hypervisor you'll be able to use up to 16G.
We're using 32bit-pae on every xen-box (mixed processors but about 80% intel),
the only problems where a domU segfaults dom0 encountered on setups with a 3.1
hypervisor
and a 3.0.3 xenified dom0 kernels.
[...]

Hello again.

Problem has been "solved". I was about to reinstall this system and use 32bit instead of 64bit just to test if it is going to work, but I've found that there is Xen 3.1.1 in Debian unstable branch. After installation of Xen 3.1.1 it works (at this moment) flawlessy.

Thanks for help Stephan.

Kind regards,

--
Lech Karol Pawłaszek <ike>
"You will never see me fall from grace" [KoRn]