[Xen-users] Ubuntu DomU: Cannot apt-get many packages

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Ubuntu DomU: Cannot apt-get many packages
From: Alan Murrell <lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 21:15:18 -0700
Delivery-date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 21:16:46 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am not sure if this is a Xen issue or not, but it does appear to be.

I have a Ubuntu 7.10 DomU running on an Ubuntu 7.10 host.  On the host I am
able to find (and install, if I wish) such packages as "htop", "openvpn",
etc.

I copied my "sources.list" from the host to the DomU and performed an "apt-get
upgrade"

When I try to search for/install such packages as "htop" and "openvpn", they
(and many others) are not found!  It appears that only the "core" packages
are found.

I created the DomU using "debbootstrap", so not sure if that may have
something to do with it.  Could this be the reason?

Your insight/advice greatly appreciated.

TIA!

-Alan Murrell