[Xen-users] mercurial? and 3.1 build setup?

The old mercurial cheatsheet described in the wiki at

   http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/SubmittingXenPatches

seems to be missing ...

   http://xen.xensource.com/documentation/hg-cheatsheet.txt

which given that 3.1.1 is only available from mercurial is a bit of a pissoff.

hhmm, ok, it's still available at
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/srg/netos/xen/readmes/hg-cheatsheet.txt

... that link comes from http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenWiki

hhmm, that seems way out of date and more targetted to developers than end-users (probably why it got deleted) ... let's try doing this by guesswork

cd /usr/src
mkdir xen
cd xen

# obviously those just create a /usr/src/xen directory
# the next three commands seem to pull the xen source
# assuming you have mercurial, which is available from rpmforge
# for redhat based installations.

hg init
hg pull http://xenbits.xensource.com/xen-3.1-testing.hg
hg update

"make world" then seems to go off and do it's thing, but I can't figure out what it's using for a kernel config... if you cd into the logical linux-2.6.18-xen_x86_32 directory and try to make menuconfig you find a very sparse config which doesn't match what make world is compiling... further you completely screw up whatever config make world _is_ using :(

So how are you supposed to configure a xen 3.1.x build? This is the same trouble I had with 3.1.0, as described here:

   http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2007-09/msg00050.html

So, can someone please tell me how I'm supposed to build a current xen install such that I have the modules I want compiled in? If I can only have one kernel that's fine, I just need it so that I'm not loading modules via initrd.

If that also helps avoid having to compile every darn module in the linux source tree, that would also be good (30 minutes later and the box is still compiling... it shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to compile the pieces I _need_).

-Tom