Re: [Xen-users] lockfile?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] lockfile?
From: "Tomoki Taniguchi" <tomoki.taniguchi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 09:50:34 +0900
Delivery-date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 17:51:18 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=FcxrPtddccbzIFiNM7zxCyAQJaPPGSV8JuFB8yw2XH4=; b=nri4frkTEJHurc1i7cYoGDrZlOaDMXc1neY13j87PQ956HZA6b0w7XBde0IYMFBb4JUxEvaiG3y+hDnJ2IYehQogIgSlExmDcGKV9E84nDBZtRUp85tEjv2ASmCoGmL/XO2K/loM5Vkb+funaQpmRc2f7+xC5BJY1ooquA93caQ=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have the configuration located on a shared drive
so that if the primary xen server crashes/stops
then i can start the domU on a backup xen server

On 10/12/07, Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Why would you put your config files on a shared drive? Shouldn't they be
> configuration files, local to each host?
>

> On 10/11/07, Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > No, there's nothing like this currently available.
> >
> > However, the commercial products based on Xen (or other VMMs, in fact) may
> > include support for stuff like this.
> >
> > Some of the open source management apps people are working one might
> either
> > support this now or in the future, I guess.  You could always register a
> > feature request with one or more of them and see how they respond.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Mark
> >
> > On Wednesday 10 October 2007, Tomoki Taniguchi wrote:
> > > is there a locking mechanism in xen
> > > to prevent 2 xen server from running the same domU config
> > > located on a shared drive?
> > >
> > > i wish that i you could specify a lock file in the domU config file,
> > > then xm create configfile
> > > will check to see if the lockfile specified in the config file exists.
> > > if it exists, it exits out with an error.
> > > if it does not exist, it creates the lockfile
> > > and starts the domU.
> > >
> > > does something similar exits?
> > >
> > > Tomoki

> > --
> > Dave: Just a question. What use is a unicyle with no seat?  And no pedals!
> > Mark: To answer a question with a question: What use is a skateboard?
> > Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
> > Mark: My wheel has a wheel!

Tomoki Taniguchi
SKYPE: taiyocable.com_taniguchi_tomoki