Re: [Xen-users] Xen of Suse Linux 10.0

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen of Suse Linux 10.0
From: Jonathan Ervine <jervine@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 02:08:07 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 18:09:39 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Saturday 06 October 2007 06:53:37 John Tankersley wrote:
> Hello,
> My name is John Tankersley. I am using Suse Linux 10.0 and I can't
> seem to get xen to work
> for me. I am seeking help with understanding why it is failing. I get
> message that I need a
> xen kernel. I downloaded xen from the website but it still does not
> work.  What should I be
> looking for?

Hi John,
When you say Suse Linux 10.0, are you talking about the _quite old_ SUSE
Linux 10.0, or SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10? SUSE Linux 10.0 was
released quite some time ago, and from memory the release of Xen with
it was listed as a technology preview - and is very outdated now. I
would strongly recommend using either SLES 10 (with recently released
SP1, incorporating Xen 3.0.4), or updating the openSUSE 10.3 which has
Xen 3.1 included. I think Novell/SUSE stopped targetting Xen on SUSE
Linux 10.0 quite some time ago...

Regards,
Jon