Re: [Xen-users] NOT RESOLVED: Broadcom NetXtreme II (DELL 1950)

To: xen-users <Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] NOT RESOLVED: Broadcom NetXtreme II (DELL 1950)
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 14:45:44 +0700
Delivery-date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 00:46:44 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Stefan de Konink wrote:
> Fajar A. Nugraha schreef:
> > One question. On your configuration, does bridge works on native Linux?
>
> Nope, any bridge that touches the NIC kills the NIC.

Okay, now we're getting somewhere :)

First step will be to get it working on native linux first.

I use :
- RHEL5
- HP ProLiant DL380 G5
- Broadcom NetXtreme II BCM5708 Gigabit Ethernet (rev 12)

This server works fine with bridge and VLAN (using both native Linux and
Xen).
The default RH driver works fine, but I prefer to use updated bnx2
driver (1.5.10c). I don't have Dell 1950 to test, but if your NIC is the
same model (see lspci) then updated driver should work.

Regards,

Fajar