Re: [Xen-users] how to install Windows without hardware support

To: "suyash jape" <suyashjape@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] how to install Windows without hardware support
From: "Artur Baruchi" <mail.baruchi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 21:58:20 -0300
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 17:59:11 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=4Rw8go+JgI1Xmeh9X2qmPCl2DZa6KNcWNeX3+TjgSdU=; b=ij40QJPv/E+xdJM7q/b3qo5WPrzUUUSiYcEwuDIvcAVhYzFLF0ALhjA78aAMvGPClVxUv/aKfqs7A/1PwXVyc7iBLilSezgBj64HOFkUi1QJlB3PC/k258UMo/4e30CjVjhePqhVlZeCr+G+F3tHo3HRNIMmOMdkKLuosI31jv0=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
No... You cannot install windows in a non-VT hardware using Xen as your VMM.

With QEMU is possible, but u gonna have a lot of performance problem... =/

If you wanna virtualize your data center and dont have the VT tech,
you should use paravirtualization... remember that paravirtualization
has some advantages, like better IO.

Att.
Artur