[Xen-users] Best way to exploit VT chip

To: "Xen Users" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Best way to exploit VT chip
From: "john maclean" <jayeola@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 13:15:37 +0100
Delivery-date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 05:16:30 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; bh=acUI+igfiNaATYP63fSQ8D4vzX3EB1ZS5e3aMQqUTQ0=; b=h4aTebNymI32cPBO3vx9DYXPkkA4PC4Jk86qpiDsOh23G1lgF5JUxgRoZ37lif2LWWHEXzFhsPMbjCbnIHJ1OMd2wkRD98bnH5mXmgVWmb19Wb9qb2GPvwuaBQ7vNaCWSVXkt9St1L0Yks1b2WZsw+d34lcujqBZRSz5fWMTEVE=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Chaps,

I finally have access to a VT enabled box. What would be the best way
to get the most out of Xen and VT? A number of questions here. Bear
with me. They may seem simple but all I did previously was get the
source code, study it a bit, read the README and build from source.

Now that I have a dual-core machine how does Xen know how to split
resources for the instances?
Does one give any parameters to the dom0 to boot with to tell it to
"use processor0"?
Any parameters for the domUs required?
I've never bothered with X windows for the domUs before. If I wanted
to would it be better to use vnc or SDL?
How about qemu, would that be good for a VT-enabled machine?

Or why not just go the "simple" way and use kvm+qemu?

Thanks in advance for any comments, tips or answers that you may be
able to provide.

Regards,

John Maclean  - 07739 171 531
MSc (DIC)