[Xen-users] Re: HVM domU Solaris 10 (Marc Patino G?mez)

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, mpatino@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: HVM domU Solaris 10 (Marc Patino G?mez)
From: Joe Bonasera <joe.bonasera@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 08:39:16 -0700
Delivery-date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 08:40:18 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Because AMD h/w virtualization support virtualizes guest real mode, but
Intel VT-x doesn't. Therefore Xen has to rely on software
instruction emulation for guest real mode. The Xen code
for that emulation is incomplete and somewhat wrong. We've fixed it in some
patches we apply to the hypervisor version that will come with OpenSolaris.
However, the patches have not been pushed back into the upstream
code base yet. Until that happens, if you're interested in using
S10 in an HVM domain, use AMD processors.

Joe

Message: 7