Re: [Xen-users] Xen disk IO performance

To: Dave Brown <daveb21@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen disk IO performance
From: Stefan Berner <Stefan.Berner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 09:03:16 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 00:04:05 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dear Dave,

what kind of benchmark did you do? We did a Cache/Memory  benchmark as
well as a transfer rate benchmark to a Lustre system.
Quite supprising for as was, that the CPU cache performance was quite
bad but the other benchmarks showed in mean about 20% overhead. If you
are interested in detailed details you can contact me.

Bye

Stefan