RE: [Xen-users] Corrupted XFS Filesystem

To: "Uli Staerk" <Uli.Staerk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Corrupted XFS Filesystem
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 09:50:16 +1000
Delivery-date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 16:51:05 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
There was a known corruption issue in 2.6.17
(http://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/faq.html#dir2) but it was more subtle
than then one you seem to be experiencing, and your 2.6.16 kernel
version seems to pre-date the bug, unless something was backported into
Gentoo that included the bug...

The only other thing I can suggest is that you mounted the filesystem rw
more than once (eg in Dom0 after the DomU was running - that would be
pretty much guaranteed to wreck the filesystem)

James