Re: [Xen-users] Debian Etch Xen Cluster (DRBD, GNBD, OCFS2, iSCSI, Heart

On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 08:37:17AM +0200, Dominik Klein wrote:
> Christian Horn schrieb:
>
> >Has anyone good ideas on how to prevent domUs that are stored on evms or
> >clvm from beeing started on multiple dom0s?
>
> You could use a wrapper script for xm.
>
> [...]
> if ssh $othermachine "xm list $machine"
> then
>       echo "domU $machine already running on $othermachine. Exit"
>       exit 5
> else
>       /usr/sbin/xm $*
> fi

Jup, that was one of my thoughts, now that i think more about it it doesnt
look too fault-proof, especially when more than 2 dom0s are involved in
a 'site' of dom0s.
Maybe some ldap where dom0s lock the domUs in could be nice.

Btw, from the docs now i have seen that clvm apparently does the locking,
evms isnt doing this currently (and is also heavier, but the preferred
solution i.e. when using SLES).

Christian