[Xen-users] Xen future on workstation - dual head

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen future on workstation - dual head
From: Scott Serr <serrs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 22:55:31 -0600
Delivery-date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 21:56:46 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I've searched the list and see others looking for OpenGL.

I have an Intel Q6600 with VT (nice price drop)... I'm unsure if it has IOMMU. I also have an ATI X1650.

I'm not specifically looking for OpenGL support, but that would be nice. More importantly, I'd like dual head, which the ATI proprietary drivers give. I believe one card with two outputs can not do dual head with the vesa driver.

I've seen info on the hacked fglrx driver... but it would be quite a step back in Xen versions and linux kernel versions.

Others on this list, must do dual head on dom0, how? Two cards and let X stitch them together?

In the future, what can I hope for....  concerning dom0 and HVMs.

Thanks,
Scott