Re: [Xen-users] xen 4.0.1 src

To: Casper <kl@xxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] xen 4.0.1 src
From: Chris Dukes <pakrat+xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 12:27:37 -0400
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 09:28:40 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 04:14:24PM +0300, Casper wrote:

>  Hi to all,
>
>  I found that xen 4.0.1 is available from:
> http://www.xensource.com/Pages/DownloadProducts_4.0.0.aspx
>
> But no src tar ball...
>
> Last available: http://xen.xensource.com/download/ 3.1 and don`t
> announces about 4.x too!

The Xen products suffer from version bloat.
The Xen open source software has less version bloat.
If you'd bothered to read the installation notes....

1.2 What's new in XenServer 4.0.1
This release of XenServer contains the following new features:
   • 64-bit hypervisor This release incorporates Xen 3.1, which exploits 64-bit
servers to tap the large memory
      capability of these machines, up to a maximum of 128 GB

> Is there possible to get src to test 4.x xen, something changing in dev?

See the above, XenServer != Xen HVM != Xen paravirtualied DomU.
Nothing to see here, move along, this is not the corporate back stabbing
you were expecting.
--
Chris Dukes
< elfick> willg: you can't use dell to beat people, it wouldn't stand up