[Xen-users] Re: [Xen-devel] Virtual Sound Support to PV guests

To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: [Xen-devel] Virtual Sound Support to PV guests
From: Thorolf Godawa <nospam@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 16:13:01 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 07:13:34 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Avadhoot,

I have plans to do a project of duration one year and I am thinking of
implementing virtual sound support to PV guests in Xen. From Xen wiki,
I came to know that Mark sir is already working on it but when I
mailed him, he replied that he had stopped it.
what where the reasons why he stopped the project?

Is it a good idea to do this project ? Or is anyone else already
working on it ?
Think about what is usualy done with PV guests and how they are usualy
accessed. As far as my information reaches, most people use PV guest to
consolidate linux servers on one machine, mostly accessed with ssh and
without graphical gui. Do these people need any audio support?

I think that audio support may be interesting in HMV guests where you
use a graphical GUI via SDL, VNC or RDP to work on a Windows guest

But this is only MY opinion, wait for other, more competent answers and
really think about where it could be usefull and who has a benefit from
it. I'm quite sure that I forgot several scenarios where it could be
quite usefull!

--

Chau y hasta luego,

Thorolf