[Xen-users] vifX.X and vethX not showing

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] vifX.X and vethX not showing
From: Bart Verwilst <lists@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 18:50:11 +0200 (CEST)
Cc: Chuck Short <zulcss@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 09:50:53 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi!

I have 2 xen enabled kernels. One is the official amd64 2.6.18-xen kernel from
xensource itself. When i boot with this one, i can see xenbr0, several vif's,
and several veth's. ( I already configured xend-config.sxp correctly. )
When i boot with gutsy's experimental amd64 2.6.22-xen kernel, it boots fine,
but i cannot seem to make the system show the vif's and veth's. I _know_ this
is an experimental kernel and OS, but it would be nice to flush out this bug
before it hits the streets :) The only thing "ip a" shows is the normal eth's
and xenbr0. Starting a vm doesn't work because it cannot find vif0.0.

I was just wondering if any of you guys would have an idea what difference in
these 2 kernels would make vif and peth on the ubuntu kernel fail.. A driver
that's not enabled? a bug?

Any of you had the same experience before?

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards,

Bart Verwilst