Re: [Xen-users] qemu-dm segfault, error 14

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] qemu-dm segfault, error 14
From: "Philippe Vanhaesendonck" <Philippe.Vanhaesendonck@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 10:43:41 +0200 (CEST)
Delivery-date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 09:33:48 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Matthias Ableitner said:
> Hi,
>
> i've running a machine with a windows 2003 domU. At night, the
> cron.dailys are processed, and at this time, qemu-dm crashes:
>
> qemu-dm[6968]: segfault at 0000000000000000 rip 0000000000000000 rsp
> 0000000041000c08 error 14
>
> Any ideas?

Interesting...
I do have a similar issue (see
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2007-07/msg00624.html )
but no solution either...

However, after a lot of investigations I can now reproduce the problem at
will by generating I/O load on Dom0.
I had almost no activity on Dom0 for the last 10 days, and my HVMs are
still running, but I can crash the qemu-dm processes in the next 10
minutes just by unpacking archives in Dom0 (I need to run several in
parallel to generate 'enough' load).

This seems pretty similar to what you are describing -- but I have no clue
on how to debug that further...

Regards

--
Philippe