Re: [Xen-users] Fedora, SuSE, Gentoo, Slackware as domU

To: "Lorenzo Milesi" <lorenzo.milesi@xxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Fedora, SuSE, Gentoo, Slackware as domU
From: shacky <shacky83@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 19:18:22 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 10:18:48 -0700
Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=aPF/BiJqn1gSoGb8zgLzT9rfyb0X5fc/NoJCP5YyFTSyMRlzUfdy/TQrTncNuW7j0jzAa0R3oELijgNk+eq7VsZAb1enzDsXziRkRCbF1qeWkKr54b42Qp3qrxGwaeeAaQc9NYrQ1/AolOKu5gBp4kvg5fjJMycvIGFUV0zcDlY=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Gentoo can be easily installed using the standard method, as it's mostly
> done via chroot.

I've never had any experience with Gentoo... :-(

> For OpenSUSE I had to recreate the kernel install package using DomU
> modules for initrd, but I've lost the steps :(

How did you do the original installation? I tried to install Opensuse
with the HVM emulation; it installs but it doesn't pass the reboot
after the file installation... :-(

> Never had experience for Slack and Mandriva.

Haven't you any idea? In particular I extremely need to install Fedora
Core 7 and Centos 5...

> You can find pre-packaged images at http://jailtime.org/

I know that site, but it doesn't provide the images for the
distributions I need... :-(

> Lorenzo Milesi - lorenzo.milesi@xxxxxxxxxx

Sono italiano anch'io, posso scriverti una e-mail in privato, così
possiamo discutere in italiano? Grazie, ciao! :-)