[Xen-users] Problems with NAT using bridging

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Problems with NAT using bridging
From: boris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 19:39:16 +0200 (CEST)
Delivery-date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 10:38:29 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi !

I have 2 network cards in server running linux debian etch amd64, xen 3.1:
eth0 - 192.168.6.1 - serves as a connection with computers on lan
                     192.168.6.x
eth1 - 10.0.0.1    - leads to the internet

I use windows under hvm, bridged to dom0.

i use basic nat setting to len clients to use internet:

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 192.168.6.0/24 -d ! 192.168.6.0/24 -j
SNAT --to-source 10.0.0.1

and i forward 1 port (for simplicity) to one of internal machines

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -d 10.0.0.1 --dport 3389 -j DNAT
--to-destination 192.168.6.8

No rules exist in filter table, policy of tables is ACCEPT.

Scenario 1:

I bridge windows domU with eth0, it works nicely, i can ping from lan
clients to the inside ip 192.168.6.1, but to farer, 10.0.0.1 seems
unreachable, so internet does not work.

Scenario 2:

I bridge windows domU with eth1, it works nicely, internet for our clients
works, but port forwarding works no more.

I tried to configure domu to use network-route and vif-route, but can't
get connection, nor sdl window ...

Anyone can help either resolve nat problem , what am i doing wrong, or
help how to properly configure xen network routing so that i got sdl window ?

Thanks in advance a lot                                Boris Pisarcik.