Re: [xen-users] Resize lvm disk

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [xen-users] Resize lvm disk
From: Andy Smith <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 16:36:14 +0000
Delivery-date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 09:36:49 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Joe,

On Tue, Aug 14, 2007 at 09:31:11AM -0700, Kraska, Joe A (US SSA) wrote:

> > did i forget something to have the new size of my guest image disk...?
>
> Just because your guest has a larger hard drive does not mean that the
> guest's operating system knows what to do with it. Two things are
> required:

Have you ever actually resized an LV in dom0 that is used as root
device for a running domU, and been able to make that domU see the
increase in size of that block device without rebooting the domU or
detaching/re-attaching the block device?

Because I do not believe this is currently possible with xen 3.x,
and so all of these emails saying you need to do this and that still
fundamentally will not work.

Cheers,
Andy