[Xen-users] xen overhead - performance

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] xen overhead - performance
From: "Marco Strullato" <marco.strullato@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 11:21:13 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 02:18:57 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all!
I have a question: what is the overhead of xen?

I mean, I'm going to install xen on servers with VT compatibile cpus
(xeon) , raid5 disks and much ram. I will use logical volume to manage
storage.

what is the loss of cpu / disks /memory due to xen?

For example now, without xen, servers are not much used but some days
of the month I have to execute perfomance tests ( resourses used
almost at 100%)
After installing xen, I will have to do the same: I will stop every
domains except for Dom0 and Dom1. So what loss of performance should I
expect?

Thanks

Marco Strullato