[Xen-users] ADSL and routing with Xen

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] ADSL and routing with Xen
From: Jesper Andersen <ii1fm0ay@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 23:50:12 +0800
Delivery-date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 08:48:14 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have a desktop computer with 2 network card. One(eth0) connected to an
ADSL modem that uses PPPoE to work. The other(eth1) is connected to a
small network. This machine work as a router for this small network. On
this computer I was running FC6 with their 3.0.3 Xen and a couple of
guests. It was configured with network-bridge with xenbr0 connected to
eth1.
Everything here worked fine. All of  the locale computeres can talk to
each other and connect to the internet though this computer.

But I then wanted to upgrade to FC7 to have Xen 3.1.
I configured it the same way with a bridge on the local side.
After upgrading the desktop computer can still connect to the internet and
talk to the locale computers. But the local computers cannot connect to
the internet through this computer. I use the same firewall script as
before. All the rules that drop packages first log the packages. It seems
the traffic from the local computers to the internet disappears
somewhere. It doesn't work but there are no dropped packages in the log
file. I have tried reducing the firewall script to allow all traffic
except new traffic from the internet and masquerading traffic going to
the internet.

I then tried to install Kubuntu Gutsy and compile Xen 3.1 from xensource
and setup the ADSL/PPPoE and bridge but the exact same thing happen. The
computer can talk both ways but no traffic is getting through. If I boot
it with its own non Xen kernel it is routing traffic just fine.

Anyone have an idea what can have changed since FC6/Xen 3.0.3 or what I
might be doing wrong?

--
Jesper
 22:13:47 up 24 min,  5 users,  load average: 0.12, 0.14, 0.23