Re: [Xen-users] problem with booting domU via NFS root

On Mon Jul 23, 2007 at 13:26:08 -0400, ardy mardy wrote:

>    I also tried "make CONFIG_ROOT_NFS=y world" and no luck there either.

  I pointed you at an article describing where to enable the relevant
 option.  The Gentoo page you reference also describes where to enable
 the option.  Typing random commands and expecting it to work by magic
 isn't going to get you anywhere.

  Follow the instructions in the Xen README for building a kernel:

    # make linux-2.6-xen-config CONFIGMODE=menuconfig
    # make linux-2.6-xen-build
    # make linux-2.6-xen-install

  When you're in the "menuconfig" stage enable:

  Device Drivers --> Networking support ---> Networking options ---> IP: kernel
level autoconfiguration
  Device Drivers --> Networking support ---> Networking options ---> IP: DHCP
Support
  File Systems ---> Network File Systems ---> Root file system on NFS >

  Once you do that you'll have a working system.  Simply by following
 instructions.  No magic!

Steve