Re: [Xen-users] /var/lib/xen/save fills my partition

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] /var/lib/xen/save fills my partition
From: Marcin Owsiany <marcin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 13:26:23 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 05:24:53 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, Jul 20, 2007 at 03:21:03PM +0300, Mikael Kermorgant wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The directory /var/lib/xen/save has begun to store some files corresponding
> to our domains.

On Debian systems, domains are saved there on shutdown/reboot of dom0
and restored on boot. So if something's there on a running system, it's
probably a domain which failed to save or restore properly for some
reason. In that case you might want to try to investigate why it failed
(look in the logs) or possibly restoring it first. But if you already
have a fresher instance of the problematic domain running, then I guess
it's OK to delete the dump file.

--
Marcin Owsiany <marcin@xxxxxxxxxx>              http://marcin.owsiany.pl/
GnuPG: 1024D/60F41216  FE67 DA2D 0ACA FC5E 3F75  D6F6 3A0D 8AA0 60F4 1216

"Every program in development at MIT expands until it can read mail."
                                                              -- Unknown