[Xen-users] Problem with delegated hardware

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Problem with delegated hardware
From: Arik Raffael Funke <arik@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 16:52:17 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 07:50:13 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I am using Fedora 7 and have delegated network interfaces to one of my domU's. One is a Realtek 8139 (8139too) the other a Marvell Gigabit (skge).

When the domU starts up pciback drivers load ok, then the drivers for the network cards. No errors. However when I try to bring the network interfaces up with e.g. "ifup eth1" I only get the message:

SIOCSIFFLAGS: Cannot allocate memory
Failed to bring up eth1.

In dmesg, /var/log/messages, lspci -v, I can not find anything that would suggest a problem. Also, I get the same problem whether I use 128MB or 200 MB for my domU. Somehow I do not believe that it is really a memory problem despite the message.

Can anybody comment on this? Has anybody seen this before?

Many thanks,
Arik