RE: [Xen-users] xen baremetal 3.2.99 console

To: "James Ruffer" <admin@xxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] xen baremetal 3.2.99 console
From: "Roger Klorese" <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 10:24:07 -0700
Delivery-date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 10:22:09 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Your question is about a XenSource commercial product, so the best place to get
answers is on forums.xensource.com -- this list is really for the open source
implementations.

But, yes, it's true that XenEnterprise 4.0 (3.2.999 is the first beta for 4.0)
will include only a Windows GUI, for reasons I'm in the middle of explaining on
said forums.  It's not a strategic decision, but a logistical issue.

Since 4.0 uses a superset of the Xen 3.1 XenAPI -- add-ons have to do with
issues like storage -- vendors and open source projects that are building
XenAPI based solutions are able to apply them to most or all of the functions
of managing XenEnterprise 4.0 boxes.

Some of the companies/projects you may want to check out -- see
http://xensource.com/partners/find_partner.html -- include ConVirt
(http://xenman.sourceforge.net/), Enomaly (http://www.enomaly.com/), OpenQRM
(http://www.openqrm.org/), and ToutVirtual (http://www.toutvirtual.com/) -- I'm
sure there are others.
--
Roger B.A. Klorese
Senior Director, Product and Solutions Marketing