Re: [Xen-users] SAN setup for migration of Xen domains.

To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] SAN setup for migration of Xen domains.
From: "Martin Hierling" <martin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 15:22:37 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 06:20:27 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

(means I did not create separate hard disk partition for the guest domains. Instead allocated as files).

Till this there was no SAN involved.

Now I want to shift to SAN set up for live migration of Xen domains.

I have mapped the two Xeon machines to volumes on SAN. But I am not sure what is to be done after this? Do I need to reinstall everything?

you should create lvms on your san and copy the content of your domu files to the lvms. thats all.

if you want to use files (as you have it now) you need a cluster file system on your san, i would not recommend that because if one host fences the other the whole Dom0 doesn't get any access to the fs on the san, some clusterfs implementations reboots the fenced server (ocfs2).

i dont know much about the file backend but i think you can mount the file image and copy the content to the lvm (cpio, tar).

regards Martin