Re: [Xen-users] Problem with network performance

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Problem with network performance
From: "Angel L. Mateo" <amateo@xxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 09:18:43 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 00:17:35 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
El lun, 09-07-2007 a las 17:47 +0200, Yves-gaël Chény escribió:
> Can you give more info please ?

        I know I have gave you poor info, but I don't know much more.

        I have two openldap servers with the same version of debian, the same
version of software and the same configuration. The only differences
between them are that one is running in a xen domU and the other is
running directly over the hardware (without any kind of virtualization).
Another difference is that the one running with xen is in an amd64
debian version (etch, 4.0, with xen from debian).

        The "xenized" ldap server is giving me problems and the other not. The
problems seems to be that some client requests are being not answered or
they are answered too late, so I guess it could a network problem.

        Although someone has adviced me about a problem with db libraries and
xen
(http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200603/msg00214.html).
Any more info? Is this problem already fixed?

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez
Sección de Telemática