Re: [Xen-users] Searching for a Filesystem / Storage Solution

On Wed, 2007-07-04 at 17:37 +0200, Kyrios wrote:
> 4 - 16 physical nodes (starting with 4)
> Each Node is a x86 Machine with 160GB Diskspace.

What about iSCSI?

Why not get two more nodes into your plan, reducing the amount of local
storage you're allocating to your dom0 nodes and instead putting it all
into two nodes that will be highly available and serve as iSCSI targets?
Consider shared SCSI/FC storage for these two nodes, but otherwise use
something like DRDB to keep them sync'd.  Heartbeat fails over a virtual
IP and the iSCSI target daemon.  Share the LUN's over Gig-E to your
dom0's.  iSCSI will give live migration on the cheap.

John

--
John Madden
Sr. UNIX Systems Engineer