Re: [Xen-users] dual versus quad core

Cores are effectively cpus. Xen will use them just as it would a 4 cpu machine. I noticed in 'xm info' it does keep track of cores, vs sockets, but I am not sure if it does anything with that information right now. In the worst case its like having 4 cpus, which as you pointed out is much cheaper this way (duel socket duel core) than with a 4 socket system.

We do Super computing and allot of the new systems are duel core and we have users see them the same as cpus, because well on the silicon they are effectively.

Brock Palen
Center for Advanced Computing
brockp@xxxxxxxxx
(734)936-1985