[Xen-users] VCPU number configuration

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] VCPU number configuration
From: Songtao Liu <songtao.liu@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 16:51:10 +0200
Bcc:
Delivery-date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 07:49:24 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi

as when I installed the XenU I initialized the VCPU=1, is it possible to change
VCPU=2

Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.19-1.2911.6.5.fc6xen #1 SMP Sun Mar 4 16:59:41
EST 2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

As far as I know from help, it seems impossible, see the last paragraph. But I
dont want to install a new guest :(

       vcpu-set domain-id vcpu-count
           Enables the vcpu-count virtual CPUs for the domain in question.
Like mem-set, this command can only allocate up to the maximum
           virtual CPU count configured at boot for the domain.

           If the vcpu-count is smaller than the current number of active
VCPUs, the highest number VCPUs will be hotplug removed.  This may
           be important for pinning purposes.

           Attempting to set the VCPUs to a number larger than the initially
configured VCPU count is an error.  Trying to set VCPUs to < 1
           will be quietly ignored.

Thanks
Songtao