[Xen-users] Push local rather than utc time to HVM domains

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Push local rather than utc time to HVM domains
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 10:13:20 +1000
Delivery-date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 17:11:26 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
When I start a HVM domain, it appears to be out by the number of hours
of my UTC offset. I am guessing that qemu is setting the virtual BIOS
date to the physical UTC time, rather than the local time.

UTC makes sense for Linux, but Windows isn't so smart so it would be
nice to have a choice...

ntp fixes it up of course, but big time jumps like that can cause all
sorts of race conditions (eg scheduled tasks thinking they ought to run
before ntp kicks in).

Or maybe this option already exists and I don't know about it?

Thanks

James