Re: [Xen-users] Console hangs on Xen 3.1 Ubuntu Feisty Server

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Console hangs on Xen 3.1 Ubuntu Feisty Server
From: Matthias Wuerthele <M.Wuerthele@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 16:39:40 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 07:38:40 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I installed ssh using chroot so i can access the domU. /var/log/syslog does not contain any special errors The last line i can see in the console (using xm console...) is: lo: Disabled Privacy Extensions
In syslog however there are 2 more lines but nothing interesting:
----snip----
Adding 524280k swap on /dev/sda1.  Priority:-1 extents:1 across:524280k
EXT3 FS on sda2, internal journal
eth0: no IPv6 routers present
The system can be used without problems. I can install software using apt-get or ping my network... I just noticed one more thing. If i am going to reboot the domU using the ssh connection and a simple 'reboot' my xen console shows one more thing: 'Restarting system.' So its not really dead its just like its not connected to the domU standard tty anymore. Maybe i have to specify this somewhere. This is something i will have to google for because i am not familiar with this part of linux yet. (still learning :-)
Matthias

Paul Waldo schrieb:
Matthias Wuerthele wrote:
Hi Paul,
i already found your posting.
In my case your solution did not work. When i use debootstrap to install feisty i have /etc/event.d/tty 1-6. I copied tty2 into tty0 and changed everything in it referencing to tty2 to tty0 but i have still the same issue. The console gets stuck during bootup. I can close console (Ctrl5) and open it again. There are no errors or something but a black screen.
Matthias
Can you ssh into the DomU? You can also try shutting down the DomU and mounting the filesystem. Anything odd in /var/log/syslog?