[Xen-users] System Runs at Hyperspeed

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] System Runs at Hyperspeed
From: mrclisdue <mrclisdue@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 09:04:23 -0400
Delivery-date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 06:02:29 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I've posted this on the forum as well:

I'm running F7 on a Toshiba M70 laptop - Intel Mobile Centrino. I had the same issues with FC6.

Upon installing and running the Xen kernel, the system runs at 5 times the normal speed. This becomes apparent at some point in the boot process, I'm going to guess that it's shortly after udev is started.

The system clock races: in 5 minutes of actual runtime, the system clock races ahead by 25 minutes. Everything, from mouse input, keyboard input, software load times, etc., is vastly increased. I suppose I *could* be overjoyed at this increase in speed, but, obviously, something is amiss.

I've tried all the normal search mechanisms to see if this has occurred elsewhere, but I appear to be unique, atm.

Thanks in advance for your help.