Re: [Xen-users] Poor disk io performance in domUs

On Sat, 23 Jun 2007, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

Peter Braun wrote:
 Lets say we have 4 domU heavy utilized.

 What about providing physical disk to every domU to avoid sharing
 single disk among all guests?

 Will it help to have didecated disk per domU?

Having the domUs on separate disks will greatly help isolate them (e.g. reduce the effect they have on each other).

The only bottleneck they would share is getting the dom0 to process their I/O requests (e.g. CPU time) ... but having one domU doing a pile of scattered reads should not have much affect on another domU trying to read in a large contiguous file (once you put them on separate drives).

 Peter
Actual partitions rather than using image files on Dom0 is *always* a performance benefit.

how is that relevent to the topic at hand?

-Tom