Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Poor disk io performance in domUs

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Andrej Radonic <rado@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 14:55:46 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 05:53:55 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mats,

dd simultaneously in both dom0 = 170 MB/s
I take it you mean "two parallel 'dd' commands at the same time"? That
would still write to the same portion of disk (unless you specifically
choose different partitions?)

it's different partitions - one dedicated partition for each domU. The partition are created as "virtual" block devices with the dell storage box manager.

dd simultaneously in two domU = 34 MB/s
I take it this means two different DomU doing "dd"? Is that 34 MB/s "total" (i.e. 17MB/s per domain) or per domain (68 MB/s total)?

sorry, good you asked: it's the total, i.e. 17MB/s per domain! I guess you are getting the picture now as to my feelings... ;-)

Kind regards,
Andrej