RE: [Xen-users] Windows licensing for Xen

To: "'Petersson, Mats'" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>, "'Kevin DeGraaf'" <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Windows licensing for Xen
From: "Artur Linhart - Linux communication" <AL.LINUX@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 18:06:57 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 09:05:07 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

        As far as I know, If You buy Windows 2003 Server Enterprise x64 R2,
then You have the possibility to run it as 4 DomUs on the same machine
without the need of the additional licencing - but I think, this is the only
Windows version, which somehow deals with the virtualization, as far as I
know, for all other You have to have one licence per running VM

        I do not know if some reseller will sell You and OEM version only if
You buy one HDD... But if it is legal, then I would say, You should have the
possibility to ude the version in the case you use the given bought HDD on
the same computer ;-). But I am also no lawyer :-)

        With regards

                Archie