[Xen-users] LVM - DomU drives not found

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] LVM - DomU drives not found
From: tt tt <tt_745@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 21:37:25 +0000 (GMT)
Delivery-date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 14:35:32 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

We are using Xen on Centos 5 using a LVM file system. Having successfully
created a number of Windows domU's I am now trying to migrate over a few Linux
machines.

I have created a LVM structure for a domU as follows on the host OS:

/dev/vg0/machine1
/dev/vg0/machine1_boot

mkfs.ext3 /dev/VolGroup00/machine1
mkfs.ext3 /dev/VolGroup00/machine1_boot

In the config file /etc/xen/machine1 have created the disks as follows:

disk = [ 'phy:/dev/VolGroup00/machine1,hda1,w',
'phy:/dev/VolGroup00/machine1_boot,hda2,w']

When mounting Centos 4 or 5 from an iso it cannot find any drives. Looking in
/proc/ide using a rescue disk only shows the cd drive and not the file systems.

If I just create a disk "hda" it appears in the domU fine and I can create all
the sub partitions. Looking through the previous messages on this list the
above does appear to be possible but I am unsure how to resolve this.

Any suggestions?

Dave

your free account today
http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44106/*http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/mail/winter07.html