[Xen-users] iSCSI for storage

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] iSCSI for storage
From: Jeff Williams <jeffw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 22:36:46 +0800
Delivery-date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 07:35:00 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

How are people using iSCSI for centralised storage for Xen DomU's? I can
see quite a few options:

1) Mount iSCSI LUN on Dom0 and store DomU disk images on it
2) Connect to the iSCSI LUN on Dom0 and use LVM to divide it up into
partitions for DomU's
3) Make an iSCSI lun for each DomU and connect to them in Dom0 making
the devices available to DomU's
4) Make an iSCSI lun for each DomU and get the DomU's to connect on boot
(somhow)

I'm leaning towards 1 or 2 just for ease of setup.

Regards,
Jeff