[Xen-users] WinXP installation quits with error: "...windows has been sh

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] WinXP installation quits with error: "...windows has been shut down to prevent damage..."
From: Ana <christiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 02:17:38 -0700
Delivery-date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 02:15:55 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi.

I'm trying to install WinXP under Xen.  I'm running the Xen packages
that come with Debian testing: "lenny".  I have it setup well enough to
get WinXP to boot and start its installation sequence.  roughly:

- it "examines hardware" and yadda yadda
- then says "Starting Windows XP"
- ... and, then it spins that domain's cpu time up to 100% for 5 minutes
- before printing the following error and shutting down

the error text:
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent
damage to your computer.

if this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen,
restart you computer.  If this screen appears again, follow
these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer.  Remove any newly installed
hard drives or hard drive controllers.  Check your hard drive
to make sure it is properly configured and terminated.
Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then
restart your computer.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF7c7a524,0xC0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)

my winxp domain config:
kernel = "/usr/lib/xen-3.0.3-1/boot/hvmloader"
builder = 'hvm'
memory = 1024
name = "winxp"
vcpus = 1
vif = [ 'type=ioemu, bridge=xenbr0' ]
disk = [ 'file:/var/xen/images/WinXP.img,ioemu:hda,w',
'file:/var/xen/bootcd-images/winxp.iso,hdc:cdrom,r' ]
device_model = '/usr/lib/xen-3.0.3-1/bin/qemu-dm'
ne2000=0
boot='d'

I'm not sure where to go from here.  Should I download the latest Xen
software and try that?  Is there anything else I can try?  I'm not bad
at "hacking" software, so doing some testing and debugging is not out of
the question.

Thanks,

- Ana