RE: [Xen-users] What governs the type of hvm created? 32/32p/64?

To: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] What governs the type of hvm created? 32/32p/64?
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 14:37:17 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 05:38:37 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The mode of the guest is decided by the guest itself [and it may well
change during the runtime of the guest, e.g. a guest may boot in 32-bit
mode and then transition to 64-bit mode [in fact, it starts in REAL
MODE, just like a normal PC]].

However, note that there are some settings in the config file that may
prevent the mode from being reached (e.g. if you disable PAE, then the
guest can not run in 32p or 64-bit [as 64-bit is an extension to PAE]).

--
Mats