RE: [Xen-users] prob HVM boot image sco

At 2007-06-12 16:29 +0200, Petersson, Mats wrote:

> [...]

It's possible that the geometry is the problem, particularly if the SCO
image is so old that it's not using LBA-addressing of the sectors. [In
LBA-mode, the sector number is one LARGE number, but in non-LBA mode,
it's a composition of the head, cylinder and sector. If for some reason
the boot-loader has stored the original HCS location for some component,
it's quite likely that it will not find the right place with a different
geometry].

Do you have any information in the /var/log/xen/qemu-dm.<pid>.log for
the domain? [using "ls -ltr" to list the "latest" one is a good way to
find which is the one you've just got, as they are "named" based on the
process ID of the qemu-dm, which isn't particularly helpful in knowing
which one is new and old].

One other thing that looks a bit weird is the partition info: It seems
like you have moved from partition 1 to partition 4 for some reason...
Maybe this is just a difference between Linux and sco fdisk apps, but it
does look a bit "strange" to me.

SCO used to number its partitions in the reverse order to DOS/Windows/OS2. I discovered this when I was dual booting an old 486.

Geoff

--
Mats