Re: [Xen-users] LPT in HVM and in para Xen domains

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] LPT in HVM and in para Xen domains
From: Tony Hoyle <tmh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 12:37:39 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 04:35:54 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Igor Chubin wrote:
And what about USB passthrough for HVM guests? As far as I know it is
possible.

usb yes, but a hardware dongle is unlikely to work with a usb parallel
adapter - those things tend to do lowlevel i/o access (one of the reasons hardly anyone uses dongles these days - new machines tend not to have parallel ports and the support costs far outweigh the marginal protection having a dongle gives).

Tony