[Xen-users] XEN - No network on Dom0 - Broadcom BCM5751M PCI Express

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] XEN - No network on Dom0 - Broadcom BCM5751M PCI Express
From: "Algie L. Seat" <alseat@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 16:32:55 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 09:46:57 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi:

I have a problem with XEN and networking on a AMD Turion64 laptop.   The network interface is a Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5751M PCI express.

I have the problem on both RHEL5 and SUSE SLES 10 but I am troubleshooting it on RHEL.

When I run the standard kernel, the eth0 interface works absolutely fine with either DHCP or a static IP address.

When I boot the XEX kernel, eth0 fails to initialize and therefore does not end up with an IP address via DHCP.   I have tried giving it a static IP which works which allows eth0 to initialize, but I still can’t use the interface (pinging my router at 192.168.1.1 fails)

My XEN kernel is :2.6.18.8.1.4

XEN is 3.0.3-25.0.3

The driver being used for eth0 is TG3.

The following is what I see in the message file for a working system:

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks:

Algie Seat