RE: [Xen-users] VFS: cannot open root device

To: "Ko0nz" <yesiko0nz@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] VFS: cannot open root device
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 18:26:42 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 09:36:27 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes, quite frequently - and it's always the same answer:

You need a CORRECTLY WORKING initrd (or a kernel that is built with the
relevant functionality built in). However, figuring out how to make the
initrd work can be tricky (there's really no good tools for this other
than logging the output from the console [e.g to a serial port] and
trying to figure out what part of the boot process fails and what the
reason is).

--
Mats