Re: AW: [Xen-users] snapshot - backup for xen vm's

Does this snapshot backup idea work with image?

I didn't put guest system as partition, I put them as image, one huge image. Does this backup way work with image?

cause I don't wanna to save /restore everytime when I backup the guest system. It takes 10 mins downtime!

cheers!

it-news (Josef Lahmer) wrote:

dear ralf schenk,
dear Fajar,

i've useing the xensource installation iso which does lvm on dom0 by default
and i am quite happy with this installation.

now i'm using backup from vm with mounting an archive nfs-server store and copy
the important files.

thank you very mutch for your helpful information getting a 24h available
machine. :-)

regards from austria,
josy