[Xen-users] Configuring NAT and bridged networking

To: xen-users <Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Configuring NAT and bridged networking
From: Reinhard Brandstädter <reinhard.brandstaedter@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 14:16:57 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 31 May 2007 05:15:27 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I'm trying to setup NAT and bridged networking on the same Xen host.
What I'm using currently is a multiple bridged networking script.

In xend-config.sxp I have
(network-script multiple-network-bridge)
(vif-script vif-bridge)

and the multiple-network-bridge is a wrapper script:
#!/bin/sh
dir=$(dirname "$0")
"$dir/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=0 netdev=eth0 bridge=xenbr0
"$dir/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=1 netdev=eth1 bridge=xenbr1

Now what can I do If i want also NATed interfaces for VMs besides the bridged
interfaces?

To assign two bridged interfaces to an VM I use:

vif = [ 'mac=00:16:3e:65:01:%d, bridge=xenbr1' %vmid,
        'mac=00:16:3e:65:00:%d, bridge=xenbr0' %vmid ]

But what if i want one bridged and one NATed interface?

From the vif-nat script I can read:

# Script for configuring a vif in routed-nat mode.
# The hotplugging system will call this script if it is specified either in
# the device configuration given to Xend, or the default Xend configuration
# in /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp.  If the script is specified in neither of those
# places, then vif-bridge is the default.

But I have no clue how to configure/adapt the xend-config.sxp to support NATed
and bridged interfaces? And how can I specify in the VM configuration if the
guest has to use bridged or NATed interface?

Thanks for any help,
Reinhard