Re: [Xen-users] missing ethernet device

Tim Post schrieb:
> On Sat, 2007-01-06 at 10:35 -0500, Brock Palen wrote:
>> Isnt forcedeth just a driver for the nvidia nic's?  What would that
>> do with broadcom chip?
>>

> Doh, I read one post and replied to another. Apologies. too many open
> windows.
>
>> Also, my system is just a pemtium D  it does not have the vmx flag
>> in /proc/cpuinfo, though.   So can i just disable HVM ability in the
>> kernel?  or hypervisor?
>
> There really isn't any need to, as not having the VMX flag more or less
> does that for you :)

i also have problems with eth0

since i switched to

app-emulation/xen-tools
     Available versions:  (~)3.0.2-r4 (~)3.0.4_p1
     Installed versions:  3.0.4_p1(13:48:33 13.05.2007)(-custom-cflags
-debug -doc -ioemu -pygrub screen)
     Homepage:            http://www.xensource.com/xen/xen/

the interface comes up gets an ip but somehow xen kills it afterwards

in a shell on X it is gone ;

i usually restart net.eth0  and than everything works fine

ideas?