Re: [Xen-users] Compile Question

Very much.

On May 23, 2007, at 11:34 AM, Dylan Martin wrote:

Fedora 7 includes a 2.6.20 kernel with xen 3.1.0.  I'm going to look
at the source and see what they did.

Do you think other people would be interested in what I find?

-Dylan

Ok, this is probably a really dumb question, but how do I compile xen
with a different kernel than the one provided with the source?

This is not easy, so it's not a dumb question as such.

There was a discussion a few weeks back about moving from 2.6.18 to
2.6.18-8, which you should be able to find in the archive on
www.xensource.com (under community, mailing lists, Xen Users [Archive]
or something like that).

It explains the steps necessary to change the kernel version that Xen
uses. I doubt that a 2.6.18 -> 2.6.20 is as trivial as 2.6 .18 to ...-8
is tho', you'll probably have to do more than remove one patch and fix
one "removed" variable.

--
Mats

I've got the source tarball for xen 3.1.0 and a source tarball for
kernel 2.6.20.  I don't see the obvious way to make the xen "make
kernels" make invocation build me a kernel and modules for 2.6.20.

Thanks!
-Dylan

Jayson Vantuyl
Systems Architect