RE: [Xen-users] Windows 2003 x64 under Debian amd64 - hangs on "Setup is

To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Windows 2003 x64 under Debian amd64 - hangs on "Setup is Starting Windows"
From: bdubas@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 16:12:45 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 18 May 2007 07:11:06 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I successfully run Windows 2003 x64 on Xen 3.0.4. I used gentoo 2007.0
ditro on top on Intle Xeon processor.

Looking on your description I wander that you enable acpi and apic in the
quest configuration file. It is required if you want to use more than 1
vcpus for the quest.

The F5 solution that you describe is when you want select specific HAL.DLL
version witch is responsible for managing CPUs (as well as some other
things probably :) ). But if you give 1 vcpu and disable acpi and apic the
istaler schould use the "Standard PC" version of HAL.

The problem you describe I had when I test XEN 3.0.3 from openSuse. But in
3.0.4 the fix the APIC tables for CPU descriptions (at last for 2 vcpus).

--
ASEC S.A.
Bartłomiej Dubas